NSF Student Travel Grant:
We are pleased to offer a number of travel assistance grants (up to $1,000 each) for students to attend ICCCN 2015 supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF). Note that all student attendees must have registered to be eligible for support and grants are made in the form of post-conference reimbursement to cover student travel related expenses. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups (e.g., African-Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Native Pacific Islanders, etc) and women.
Eligibility for Student Travel Grants
- The student must be enrolled in a full-time graduate program at an accredited U.S. institution and must be an author of a paper accepted in ICCCN 2015 main conference.
- The student has registered to attend ICCCN 2015 conference.
- If using the grant for airfare reimbursement, the student will fly with a US-based carrier. According to NSF policy, only airfare on a US-based carrier can be reimbursed.
An application for the student travel award should contain:
- A resume or CV of the student
- The letter from the student should include:
- The paper ID, title, and author list of the paper accepted by ICCCN 2015;
- A brief summary of the research interests and accomplishments up to date;
- A description of the areas included in the ICCCN 2015 program that would impact the student’s research;
- Explanation on why attending ICCCN 2015 would be difficult without the travel award.
- A signed support letter from the student’s advisor that should include:
- Confirmation that the applicant is a graduate full-time student in a good academic standing;
- Relevance of the student’s research to the conference scope/program;
- The ways that the applicant would benefit from attending ICCCN 2015;
- The strengths and contributions of the student; and
- Availability of funds from other sources.
An application should be submitted as a single PDF file to Student Travel Grant Chair, Dr. Song Fu (Song.Fu@unt.edu) via email.
Application Deadline: June 3, 2015
Award Notification: June 17, 2015